Menu Show Hide
Contact Form Show Hide

Insurance Coverage for Pedestrian Injuries

Denver Pedestrain Injury Attorney

Your Own Insurance May Provide Coverage

As a pedestrian or cyclist, if you have been injured by a motor vehicle, consider the uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM), through your automobile insurance policy. Many pedestrians and cyclists hurt by vehicles are surprised to learn that their own automobile insurance likely provides coverage. If your automobile policy has UM/UIM coverage, it will likely apply to any injury caused by a motor vehicle.

For example, as in Keith Fuicelli’s case, if you are out jogging and are struck by a car, your own UM/UIM automobile coverage provides benefits towards your personal injuries. In addition to your automobile insurance, the automobile policies of anyone living in your household may also provide coverage.

If you have been injured by a motor vehicle, acquiring insurance information is vital. It is critically important to obtain the information for any insurance policy in your household that may provide you coverage. Once you obtain that information, the experienced attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee, PC will work with the insurance companies to determine your coverage.

We have helped many pedestrians and cyclists injured by motor vehicles and are here to help you now. At Fuicelli & Lee, PC, our first hand experience with pedestrian injuries means that we personally take each case with care and dedication. If you have any questions or have been hurt by a motor vehicle, please call or email us today.