Denver Product Liability AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Consumers should never have to worry about whether or not the products they buy to use or consume will cause them or their families harm. Unfortunately, defective products make it into the hands of consumers on a regular basis. At Fuicelli & Lee, our team is here to help when you need a Denver product liability attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to conduct complete investigations into these cases, determine liability, and help our clients secure full compensation for their losses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Turn to Fuicelli & Lee?
- The attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee are fierce litigators, and we have successfully obtained significant multi-million dollar settlement and jury verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- Our attorneys believe in taking a client-centered approach for every case that we take. This means that every client will understand exactly what is going on with their case, and they can ask us any questions or concerns they have.
- We take Denver product liability cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will only pay legal fees after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will a Denver Product Liability Attorney Help This Case?
Product liability claims can become very complicated, particularly when determining fault. A product liability lawyer in Denver is going to be necessary so that there are resources available to conduct a complete investigation into what happened. This will include obtaining various types of evidence, such as:
- Photo or video surveillance of the injury incident
- Any documents pertaining to the unsafe product
- Internal company or manufacturer documents/memos
Additionally, an attorney can use their resources to ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat their injuries and help properly calculate their total expected losses. An attorney will negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on behalf of their client, and they will also prepare the case for trial if necessary.
How do Products Become Defective and Who is Liable?
Products can become defective in a variety of ways. When our Denver product liability lawyers investigate these claims, we often discover that the problems arise due to the following:
- A design error. All product designs should be thoroughly tested and approved before they enter the manufacturing phase. Unfortunately, there are times when companies and/or regulatory agencies fail to notice a design flaw.
- A manufacturing error. There are times when even a well-designed product can be altered or damaged during the manufacturing process. When this occurs, the altered design could present safety problems for consumers.
- A problem with the labeling. This is also often referred to as an advertising problem and has to do with the information presented to the consumer is incorrect or misleading. This can include problems with a product’s warnings, ingredients, dosages, instructions, etc.
- Failure to warn or “inadequate warnings.” Failure to warn cases involve injuries caused as a result of a product being sold without a proper warning to consumers. Some of the most well-known “failure to warn” cases involved the tobacco companies. The tobacco cases were based on a failure by the tobacco companies to adequately warn the public about the addictive and dangerous nature of its products.
When we look at the government website that keeps track of all current recalls in the United States, we can see that defective products occur in all industries. Each year, there are recalls of:
- Dangerous Toys
- Car crashes due to defective products, including defective tires
- Vehicle parts
- Medical devices
- Defective electrical products
- Defective car seats
- …and more
Unfortunately, there is a long history of defective products that injure or kill. From vehicles that roll or crush too easily to pharmaceutical products like VIOXX® and ReNu®, defective products come in many shapes and sizes.
Successfully bringing a defective product case requires skill and expertise. These cases often involve complex and hotly contested theories of liability. Additionally, the large corporations that are to blame fight tenaciously as any adverse verdict or settlement can have huge financial consequences.
Fuicelli & Lee proudly serves consumers who suffered an injury or the loss of a loved one due to a defective product, including:
Monsanto Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
Roundup, which is manufactured by Monsanto, is one of the most widely used weed killers in the United States. While this product is very effective at achieving its intended purpose, it also results in harmful side effects to the user. Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, has been found to increase your risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Just about anyone who comes into contact with Roundup on a regular basis experiences an increased risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, cancer impacting your lymphatic system. Individuals most likely to face this increased risk include:
- Garden center employees
- People working in nurseries
- Agricultural workers
If you’ve contracted non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and you regularly used Roundup, you may be entitled to file a defective product lawsuit to recover compensation for your damages. Your compensation may cover one or more of the following:
- Medical expenses for cancer treatment
- Lost wages if you must miss work
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses, in cases involving the wrongful death of a loved one
3M Defective Earplug Lawsuits
3M Company manufactured earplugs used by the military to protect soldiers’ hearing during combat. These earplugs are designed to block out loud noises from blasts and other combat-related tasks. However, some of these earplugs were defective and caused soldiers to experience full or partial hearing loss.
The 3M Dual-Ended Combat Arms Earplugs Version 2 (CAEv2) were distributed to thousands of soldiers between 2003 and 2015. They were used in several combat zones, including Iraq and Afghanistan. The CAEv2 earplugs were too short, preventing them from being inserted properly into the ears of the soldiers using them. As a result, the earplugs would loosen, allowing sounds to enter the ear which caused irreparable hearing damage.
In July 2018, 3M settled a claim with the U.S. government for $9.1 million. This claim alleged 3M knew about the defect and still sold the earplugs to the military. If you served in the military between 2003 and 2015 and suffered hearing loss after using the 3M CAEv2 earplugs, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your damages. The attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee can advise you of your legal rights and options during a consultation.
Call a Denver Product Liability Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to a defective product in the Denver area, reach out to the team at Fuicelli & Lee as soon as possible. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex defective product cases, and we know what it takes to secure full compensation on behalf of our clients.
We want to make sure that injury victims in these situations receive coverage for their medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering losses, and more. When you need a Denver product liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (303) 355-7202.