All accidents can be terrifying, but accidents that result in serious injury can be life-altering. Severe personal injuries can affect every aspect of your life and well-being, resulting in expensive medical bills, lost wages, and permanent physical and emotional damages. These types of injuries demand the immediate and thoughtful attention of an experienced and proven Denver personal injury lawyer.
What Qualifies As A Personal Injury?
Why Choose Our Denver Personal Injury Lawyers?
If you are looking for a personal injury attorney near me, you need Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. solely focuses on representing injured victims across Colorado. Our personal injury law firm specifically limits our case docket to ensure every client receives our undivided attention. We charge no fees unless we win, are available to take your call at any time, and offer free consultations and free case evaluations if you are unsure if you have a case or not.
- Experience: Fuicelli & Lee’s injury attorneys have won Millions for our clients.
- Reviews: Have great reviews from past clients.
- No Legal Fees Unless We Win
- Ofrecemos Ayuda en Español
- Communication: We will walk you through every aspect of your injury lawsuit and communicate with you as much as possible as well as give timely updates.
Schedule A Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in Denver, Longmont, Pueblo, or any other area along Colorado’s Front Range, call Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. today at (303) 355-7202 to speak with an experienced and knowledgeable Denver personal injury lawyer for free. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t owe any attorney fees unless your case is successful.
This page covers a number of personal injury topics, including:
- Injury Cases We Handle
- Elements of a Personal Injury Claim
- What Is My Case Worth?
- Understanding Jury Trials
- Understanding Structured Settlements
- Rehabilitation After a Serious Injury
- Schedule Your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
Our team of skilled Denver personal injury attorneys is committed to fighting for justice and compensation for people like you who have been seriously hurt because of someone else’s negligence. We also fight diligently for those who have lost a loved one because of another’s reckless or careless actions.
With a proud history of successful verdicts and settlements under our belt, Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. handles a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Car accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Elevator/escalator injuries
- Dog bites/animal attacks
- Construction accidents
- Defective products
- Pharmacy negligence
- Insurance bad faith
- Wrongful death
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Denver?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the careless, negligent, or intentional actions of another individual or entity in Denver, you may be entitled to various types of compensation for your losses. However, securing these benefits is not usually easy. At-fault parties and their insurance carriers or legal teams will put up a fight against having to pay out any settlements. Most injury victims do not have the legal expertise or resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation to secure maximum compensation for their claim. Some of the main benefits of hiring a skilled Denver personal injury lawyer include the following:
- An attorney knows how much your claim is worth. A skilled personal injury lawyer will have experience handling cases just like yours. They will also have a network of financial and medical experts they can use to evaluate your case and help determine the total damages that you should be receiving for your claim.
- An attorney understands the legal process. The truth of the matter is that securing compensation in a personal injury lawsuit can involve highly technical legal processes. It is important to have an attorney who knows which legal documents to file, how to properly fill out legal forms, and who understands the applicable statute of limitations for your case.
- An attorney will improve your odds. Going up against insurance carriers is never easy, and doing so without a lawyer shows the other side that you may be unprepared. When you have a skilled Denver personal injury lawyer by your side, the insurance carrier and at-fault party will know that you are in this to win. The last thing that an insurance carrier wants you to do is to obtain a lawyer to help with your case, which is exactly why this should be your first step.
- Your attorney will be motivated to help you. Most Denver personal injury lawyers take cases on a contingency fee basis, which means they will not get paid for their services unless they secure the compensation you are entitled to. This motivates your attorney to win your case so that they can also get paid for their legal fees and expenses.
- Your attorney will be ready to take the case to trial. A skilled personal injury lawyer will always be preparing your case to go to trial if necessary. Most personal injury claims do not go all the way to a jury, but you need to have an attorney who has no problem taking your case all the way through to the end if necessary.
- A peace of mind. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the actions of another individual or entity, your focus needs to be on recovering from the injuries and spending time with your family. Having a skilled Denver personal injury attorney by your side means that you will have peace of mind as you are working towards obtaining compensation for your losses.
Three items must be established in any personal injury claim:
- Damages: You must prove that you suffered damages as a result of your injuries. These can include both economic and non-economic damages.
- Injury causation: You must prove that your injuries were caused by the accident.
- Liability: You must prove that another party or parties were directly responsible for your injuries.
Proving the elements of a personal injury claim can be difficult and detail-oriented. Our Denver personal injury lawyers have a proven history of success in personal injury claims. We know how to build a strong case and help you obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries.
There are different types of structured settlements in Colorado. You may be paid in annual installments over a number of years, or you could receive periodic lump sums every few years. Your Denver personal injury lawyer can work with your financial advisor to determine which settlement schedule is best for you.
Benefits of a Structured Settlement include:
- Little or no taxes: Depending on your personal circumstances, your settlement could be tax free.
- Financial security: Long-term settlements, such as periodic lump sum payments, can assist with medical equipment and on-going therapy.
- Special needs trust: If you become severely disabled as a result of the accident, a special needs trust may be an ideal option.
We will discuss all of your options and help you determine which settlement option best meets your unique needs.
Placing a value claim on a personal injury is complicated and requires the knowledge and skill of an experienced Denver injury attorney. Depending on the unique details of your case, our personal injury lawyers may seek:
- Economic damages: This can include money you spent or lost because of your injury.
- Non-economic damages: These damages can include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of companionship.
- Permanent impairment and disfigurement: These damages are awarded for medical conditions that no amount of care will ever fix.
Common Types of Injuries After an Accident
Serious injuries require serious representation. Following a catastrophic injury, our team of seasoned personal injury attorneys will go above and beyond to provide counsel and advocacy for our clients. If you have suffered a catastrophic injury because of the negligent actions of another, Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. has the skill, resources and passion for justice you need to get back on track.
Brain injuries are among the most difficult and life-changing injuries faced by accident victims. Several years ago, our founding partner Keith Fuicelli suffered a severe injury that resulted in a two-month hospital stay. His personal understanding of the struggle to achieve full recovery, combined with the firm’s extensive trial experience, gives Fuicelli & Lee, P.C., a valuable perspective when handling these cases for our clients.
Concussions are among the most commonly experienced injuries after an accident. While many concussions improve in a matter of weeks, some people suffer longer-term effects, known as post-concussion syndrome. Symptoms of these injuries include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Nausea or vomiting
- Speech problems
- Blurred vision
- Dizziness or light sensitivity
- Neck pain
Spinal Cord Injuries
Injuries that involve the neck and spine can be devastating. Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis, and subsequent loss of motor function and mobility. In these cases, it is particularly important to have a clear picture of both your immediate health needs and the long-term cost of your injury, which may include on-going care and home modifications.
Discs pad your vertebrae and help to keep them in place. When one of these discs rupture or slip out of place, they may make contact with the spinal cord, causing severe pain and even disability. Symptoms of a herniated slipped or bulging disc include:
- Lower back pain
- Tingling or numbness
Pain or burning sensations in the hands, arms or shoulders
The loss of a limb can occur for a number of reasons but are often caused by serious motor vehicle accidents. In addition to the pain and difficulties immediately caused by limb loss, many amputees struggle with psychological trauma and “phantom limb sensations”. Additionally, complications from radical amputation procedures can include:
Post-traumatic arthritis, a type of osteoarthritis, occurs when a traumatic event causes joint cartilage to break down in joints such as the wrists, elbows, shoulders, ankles, knees or hips. Once the cartilage of a joint deteriorates and wears away after a traumatic injury, the bones begin to rub together. Symptoms of post-traumatic arthritis include:
- Bone-to-bone grinding sensation
- Limited flexibility and mobility
- Pain, discomfort and tenderness in the joint area
- Stiffness or weakness in the joint
Hundreds of thousands of people across the United States suffer eye injuries in motor vehicle accidents. Eye injuries can affect your vision, ability to work and quality of life. Some of the most common types of these injuries include.
- Corneal abrasions
- Eyelid lacerations
- Black eyes
- Retinal detachment
- Orbital fractures
- Chemical burns
Vestibular dysfunction is one of the lesser-known injuries that can occur after an accident. Typically resulting from whiplash or brain trauma, vestibular dysfunction impairs balance, and can cause vertigo, disorientation and hearing or vision disturbances, such as:
- Poor depth perception
- Night blindness
- Light sensitivity
- Trouble focusing and tracking objects
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Sensitivity to loud noises
Vestibular dysfunction can also cause cognitive and psychological changes, such as:
- Mental fatigue
- Difficulty concentrating
- Short-term memory loss
When your child is injured, it can seem like your whole world is crashing down around you. You would stop at nothing to ease their pain and erase their suffering. Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of children are killed or injured in avoidable accidents every year. Some of the most common causes of children’s injuries include:
- Playground accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Bike accidents
- Defective toys and other children’s products
- Trampoline accidents
- Dog bites
Our compassionate injury attorneys understand the emotional pain associated with children’s accidents. We are committed to helping your family obtain justice with integrity and dignity.
In addition to the immediate medical attention you need after an accident, you may need ongoing rehabilitation to recover from your accident. Some of the many types of therapies and rehabilitation include:
- Occupational therapy
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Auto Injury rehabilitation
- Aquatic therapy
- Physical therapy
- Surgery and post-op rehabilitation
- Brain-trauma rehabilitation
Rehabilitation can be very expensive. Our Denver injury attorneys understand how to accurately determine the value of your claim, including compensation for your current medical costs as well as expenses that will impact you in the future.
If you’ve been injured, the experienced Denver personal injury lawyers at Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. want to hear your story. Contact us today online or at (303) 355-7202 for a free initial consultation. We proudly serve the Denver, Longmont and Pueblo areas of Colorado’s Front Range.