Uber and Lyft ridesharing services provide an excellent way to get around town or make extra money. Coupled with the number of traditional taxis already on the road however, all the added traffic increases the likelihood that you may be involved in a wreck.
Although ridesharing companies, taxi cab services and insurance companies are notorious for trying to shift blame and avoid paying damages, our team of experienced attorneys knows the law and how to effectively fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a rideshare or taxi cab accident, call Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. today at 303-355-7202 to discuss your case for free with an experienced attorney. We proudly serve Colorado’s Front Range, including Denver, Longmont and Pueblo. Se habla Español.
Uber and Lyft Accidents as a Rideshare Passenger
If you suffered injuries as a passenger with Lyft or Uber, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. The question is: from whom do you seek compensation? The answer depends on the circumstances of the wreck, such as:
- Your rideshare driver caused the wreck: If the Uber or Lyft driver is at fault and you are the passenger, the good news is that Uber and Lyft offer up to a million dollars in insurance coverage in these situations. As a passenger, you are covered by the program.
- Another driver caused the crash: If another driver is responsible for the collision, you will first need to seek compensation from that driver’s insurance. If the driver is underinsured or uninsured, you may still be able to pursue compensation from Lyft or Uber.
Rideshare accidents are incredibly complex, involving numerous variables and potentially liable parties. It’s crucial that you contact the experienced rideshare accident attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. We are intimate with Colorado law and rideshare regulations, and we never back down from a fight.
Collisions with Uber or Lyft Drivers
If you were hit by a rideshare driver, certain details will be important to understand when seeking compensation for your injuries. Uber and Lyft drivers have insurance coverage from both their personal provider and the rideshare company. The degree of coverage from either provider is based on what the driver is doing at the time of the accident:
- Rideshare driver with a passenger: If you are hit by an Uber or Lyft driver who has a passenger, they are “on the clock”. This means that they are an active employee and the rideshare’s insurance policy kicks in to cover damages.
- Rideshare driver without a passenger If a rideshare driver causes a wreck while on the road waiting for a ride request, their own auto insurance would apply. If the accident is the rideshare driver’s fault while that driver has accepted a passenger for pickup and is on the way to pick up that passenger, the company’s commercial policy would apply.
Determining liability in a rideshare case requires the knowledge and skill of an experienced attorney. Call us today to discuss the details of your case for free.
Uber and Lyft Accidents as a Rideshare Driver
Although rideshare companies provide significant insurance coverage, as a driver for Uber or Lyft, you are still required to carry your own insurance coverage in the event of a collision. These insurance questions can get tricky, depending on whether or not you were on the clock when the accident happened.
While driving for Uber or Lyft, there are a few different scenarios that could happen in an accident:
- A collision occurred while you were actively transporting a passenger
- A collision occurred while you were on the way to pick up a passenger
- A collision occurred after you dropped off a passenger but before you picked up another one
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident, different insurance policies may be applied for compensation. If you were not actively transporting a passenger or traveling to pick one up, then you will need to rely on your own insurance or the insurance of the other vehicle for compensation. However, If you were “on the clock” with Lyft or Uber, you may be able to use their insurance.
These cases are extremely complex, so it is important to call Fuicelli & Lee, P.C.as soon as possible after your wreck. We can help you to pursue the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Assaults by Rideshare Drivers
Unfortunately, Lyft and Uber drivers have been accused of alleged assault, theft, rape, kidnapping, drug trafficking and other crimes. The consequences of these horrible acts can have a negative, long-lasting impact on the lives of victims.
If you have suffered in any way at the hands of a rideshare driver, our attorneys want to hear your story. We have decades of experience and can seek damages on your behalf. You may have a claim directly against Uber or Lyft, but it is paramount that you secure crucial evidence immediately after the assault and contact us right away.
Taxi Cab Accidents
Taxi cab drivers are often stigmatized as aggressive drivers because they drive quickly and as efficiently as possible to be able to tend to as many passengers as they can within a shift. People do not, however, always consider the difficult aspects of driving a cab. Driving for long periods of time can be tiring and stressful, especially in heavily populated areas. Also, working odd shifts and being seated in the same position on a daily basis can become very uncomfortable and distracting. Because of these factors, accidents involving taxi cabs are inevitable and often are confusing in determining who is liable.
If you have been hurt in a taxi cab accident, speak with a lawyer soon as possible. There are some important things to remember in order to increase the potential to recover compensation for your injuries. After your accident, be sure to document and record the:
- Date, time and location
- Name and contact number of the taxi cab driver
- Number of the vehicle and company
- All other parties involved contact information and license plates
- Contact information of any witnesses or other passengers
- Take pictures of the accident scene, if a digital camera or a camera phone is available
Taxi cab injuries can be devastating for the passengers involved and it is not always clear who is at fault. The cab companies may be responsible for your medical bills and lost wages and the more information collected at the scene, the better the chances of receiving everything you are entitled to.
Schedule Your Free Rideshare Consultation Today
The dedicated rideshare accident attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. have experience recovering compensation for people who have been injured in Uber, Lyft and taxi cab crashes. Our lawyers believe that when it comes to injuries that may have lifelong effects on a person’s health, each client deserves the highest level of personal service and should be able to speak with his or her attorney and not just an assistant.
For more information and a free consultation, contact Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. at 303-355-7202.