Accidents involving large commercial trucks are often severe. Due to the size and weight of these vehicles, it is not uncommon for the attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. to help clients in these cases who have been severely injured and have sustained significant emotional and psychological trauma.
Here, our Denver truck accident lawyers want to discuss why truck accidents are so different from other types of accidents that occur on our roadways. Our Denver truck accident lawyers are standing by to help victims in these accidents recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Commercial trucks are massive vehicles
According to data available from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), a fully loaded tractor-trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. These vehicles are massive, and can reach a length of 65 to 75 feet, depending on the type of connection between the tractor and the trailer.
Due to the size and weight of a commercial vehicle, accidents involving traditional passenger vehicles on the roadway often result in significant injuries for those involved. It is not uncommon for drivers and passengers inside of non-commercial trucks to sustain the following injuries when these accidents occur:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other severe neck or back injury
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Additionally, victims who have been involved in an accident with a large commercial truck regularly sustain significant emotional and psychological trauma as a result of the accident as well as the injuries. Though emotional and psychological injuries are not as visible as the acute traumatic injuries mentioned above, they are just as real and can lead to significant setbacks for a victim.
Compensation Can Be Collected After a Commercial Vehicle Accident?
There are various types of compensation that could be available to victims of commercial truck accidents in Denver. This can include economic and non-economic damages, such as the following:
- Full coverage of medical expenses the victim sustains
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses a victim incurs
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life images
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent truck driver or trucking company
These accidents are often caused by the actions of a truck driver or the trucking company. This can include:
- A driver operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- A driver operating while distracted by a phone or other device
- A driver’s failure to follow traffic laws or FMCSA regulations
- Failing to properly load the cargo
- A trucking company not inspecting or maintaining the vehicles
- Trucking companies failing to properly train their drivers
Work with a Denver truck accident lawyer for help with your case
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, contact the team at Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. for help with your case today. Our qualified attorneys have extensive experience handling these cases, and we understand what it takes to obtain the evidence necessary to prove liability. Our goal is to secure full compensation for your losses so you can focus on recovering and spending time with your family. When you need a Denver truck accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling 303-355-7202.