Unfortunately, there is a long history of defective products that injure or kill. From vehicles that roll or crush too easily to pharmaceutical products like VIOXX® and ReNu®, defective products come in many shapes and sizes.
Generally speaking, defective products fall into three categories:
- Manufacturing defects. In these cases, the injury was caused as a result of a defect in the manufacturing process. One widely publicized example was Firestone tires. Due to a manufacturing defect, the tread on the tires had a tendency to separate from the tire itself with often devastating consequences.
- Design defects. In these cases, the defect is in the design itself. One example involves SUVs which have too high of a center of gravity and a wheelbase that is too narrow. As a result of the design process, these SUVs are extremely unsafe when emergency steering maneuvers are employed. Another example receiving more publicity involves vehicle roofs that crush too easily in a roll-over accident.
- Failure to warn or “inadequate warnings.” Failure to warn cases involve injuries caused as a result of a product being sold without a proper warning to consumers. Some of the most well known “failure to warn” cases involved the tobacco companies. The tobacco cases were based on a failure by the tobacco companies to adequately warn the public about the addictive and dangerous nature of its products.
Successfully bringing a defective product case requires skill and expertise. These cases often involve complex and hotly contested theories of liability. Additionally, the large corporations that are to blame fight tenaciously as any adverse verdict or settlement can have huge financial consequences.
Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. proudly serves consumers who suffered injury or the loss of a loved one due to a defective product, including:
- Car crashes due to defective products, including defective tires
- Defective electrical products
- Dangerous toys
- Defective car seats
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a defective or dangerous product, including pharmaceutical drugs, contact Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. by calling 303-355-7202 today. As always, your initial consultation and assessment of your case is provided free of charge.